Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Catching up somewhat

Anne sent me this picture from California where apparently this was spray painted onto a building



The dining table at the Frank Lloyd Wright house in Grand Rapids, MI.



Living room



Light in the living room



Dining room



Boat of glass blowings in the Meijer Garden Park Chihuly exhibit



Chihuly ball things in a waterfall at the garden park.



Well, so much for my infatuation with the iPad game Words with Friends. I get ahead by about 80 points and then 5 days later my opponent resigns.

The weekend in Grand Rapids was extra fun! We got there, checked into a lovely Country Inn and Suites, went to the Meijer Garden Park to see the Dale Chihuly installations,



ate at Panera, went back to the park, got my tickets at will call, got seats 6 rows from the stage and saw Lyle Lovett and his large band for almost 2.5 hours and then there were fireworks!



Went back to the hotel and drank a bottle of wine, decided we needed another and drove across the parking lot to the world's most giant Meijer store and got us one. Pretty much sleep after that.

Sunday we ate at a Perkins pancake house then saw the Meyer May house, designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright and lovingly restored by the Steelcase company. Pictures above.

The weather was perfect.

Today my son called from the Portland OR airport, on his way to China for 3 months. I'm not clear on the deal here but I hope he has a good time. Hope he comes back.

Janiva Magness at the Clazel tomorrow. Deadstring Brothers at Village Idiot Friday. Blues at the RibFest at the Lucas Co. fairgrounds Sunday. We'll see which ones I attend.
__________________________

No comments: