Saturday, August 14, 2010

Computers sheesh

So I bring home 2 cds from the radio station to burn into my iTunes so I can resynch my iPod and that takes forever because for some reason they go into another music folder and it takes me a while to realize where they are and then I discover that some of my iTunes library seems to be missing, like all my Band of Heathens so I get those back in there and I should just resynch. But I want to get in some more Los Lobos and Subdudes before I do. Plus I lost 3 John Nemeth cds somewhere. They WERE on my iTunes but now they're not. How does this happen? Alas.

Today I went to the farmers market and all the eggs were gone so I bought some green beans so after my radio show, I made the green bean potato dish and boiled some eggs I got at Meijer and toyed with making corn soup and peach cobbler and pesto but now I think it'll be done Sunday.

Mowed the back today. Pulled out the Mexican sunflowers and these big things that just came up in the raised bed that I thought were volunteer cosmos but just turned out be giant weeds and took all that to the yard waste then vacuumed out my car at the car wash. This is the sort of time-consuming stuff that engulfs my weekends.

I have searched the internet on what's wrong with my hostas over by the fence but I can't find anything so it must just be dead dirt. I had a dead dirt patch over on Pearl St. that you couldn't get anything to grow in. Maybe I'll try to amend.

Amy went to see Eddie Shaw and George Thorogood at the riboff but I couldn't become interested. McKinley called near the end of my show to say that it was very good for making tuna salad during.

When I leave for the radio station, people at the house west of me are hauling out rubbermaid tubs of food stuffs. Which seems odd since the last 2 nights, no cars have been over there. When I come home from the radio station, there's a U-Haul backed up to the house east of me. And the boy at the house west of me is watering the weedy strip between our driveways while drinking a beer. I ask him how it's going and he says he's just trying to make the grass come back and drink a beer. I mention that's it's hot. He says he's trying to stay out of the house. Now, no one is over there. I decide that either the wife is moving out or they've bombed for some bugs.

Read most of Bret Easton Ellis's Imperial Bedrooms. I don't know why I read his books. They're all about self-absorbed people whose problems don't amount to a hill of beans, as they said in Casablanca.

I am tired of this heat. Everybody says Oh you'll just be bitching about the cold when it comes, but this is like the cold. You just want to stay inside.
_____________

No comments: