Sunday, September 20, 2009

A fine relaxing weekend

Friday night I talked to Annie for a couple hours and read for a couple hours.

Saturday I did a three-hour radio show. Then mowed. Then went to Toledo with Connie and Amy and saw Crystal Bowersox at Arnie's, Johnny Reed and the Houserockers at the Flaming Pit at the Docks and then Curtis Jr. and the Midnight Rockers with Bobbie G at Fat Fish Blue. Ate a big pile of fattening appetizers at the Pit: sausage and chicken tenders and rib tips and onion rings. Remind me again why I'm fat.

I went to a couple of yard sales and bought a CD that is the soundtrack to the Remember the Titans movie. It has some great tunes, one of which I played on the radio yesterday because John Fogerty got a lifetime achievement award at the Americana music awards last week. Up Around the Bend.

I had an Absolut and tonic at each place and the best one was the cheapest one at Arnie's: $4. $5 at the Pit and $6.75 at FFB and it was so bad I only drank half of it. Like the tonic was flat or something.

Today I finished yet another fat book, the third one in 2 weeks. Amy came over and we took down the tent top thing. Then I planted some grass seed in the shady parts of the yard. Waiting for rain, although I watered it in some. Then I dug out more of the grass in the northwest corner of the yard and put in some iris and some more lilies. Went to the yard waste twice. Cleaned up the garage. Now I'm waiting for Amy to pick me up so we can go see Inglourious Basterds at Levis. Today so far I've had coffee, pie and ice cream, and two beers. Remind me again why I'm fat.

Yesterday I bought 2 tickets to see Mark Knopfler at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor next April.

Who knows what I did last week? Went to the wine tasting at SamB's on Thursday for one glass. Not many people there and no snackies. So we got Jimmy John's sammiches and had a bottle of wine on the deck. Probably there was other wine drinking other nights. It was kind of chilly all week. Should be warmer this week.

This week Little Cow is at GFT. Hmmmm. Seen 'em. Several times.

Annie is coming next week, starting to drive on Sept. 26. My daughter is coming the weekend of Oct. 24.
_____________________

No comments: