Sunday, September 27, 2009

Crazy weekend

Friday I went to Amy's to watch the repeat of Flash Forward so she would be up to snuff on this show because I think it might be interesting. But Stubbs calls looking for some card fun so he comes over and we play 3-handed cribbage. While drinking and smoking.

Saturday I had to be on high alert about some software upgrade at work which turned out fine in the end. Then I did my last radio show until November. I also went to the farmers market and the optometrist. Then I made a big dinner of caprese salad and bread with dipping oil and farfalle with goat cheese, chicken and carmelized onions. And some pear dried cranberry cobbler with ginger ice cream.

Today I went to my mom's to pack for her move this Friday. At first I thought there would not be enough boxes in the world for all her stuff, but in the end, there were. But how many glass candy dishes with lids does one 80-year-old person need?? She gave me some great pictures of me as a child and of my dad and her when they were young. I'll try to scan these at work and post them.

Nobody seems to know what my sister is going to do but what I want to know is how I'm going to sell that Sears washer I bought them in June.

Now I'm drinking beer and watching the national park show on PBS. Which is on every night this week at 8. See if I can fit that into my schedule.

Haven't heard from Miss Annie although I can only assume she's in Ohio. Have tidied up the green room so I can drag up the single mattress and make it up in case she stays here tomorrow night. Or some night. The cats always like it when I bring up the mattress because they think it's for them.

Back to work tomorrow for possibly a short week if I take a day off to spend with Miss Annie.

No comments: