Saturday, December 20, 2008

Full speed ahead

OMG I call my mom today to firm up some Christmas plan and my sister answers the phone and says that they've talked about it and Karen will take my mom to the McDonald's at Upper Sandusky Weds. AM and I can pick her up there and then we can exchange her again on Christmas day. Bonus. ALSO she tells me my mom is moving into Oakhurst, some retirement apartment complex outside Delaware on Jan. 20 and will I come down the weekend before and pack her stuff because Karen can't lift anything over 10 lbs. Whatever. THEN my sister giggles, says she's lost her train of thought and it must be because of the OXYCONTIN she's on. I am delighted my mom is moving away from that mess. Karen says she doesn't know why but my mom never has any money so maybe she will have more now if she lives by herself. Ya think??? No word on how the loss of my mom's income to Karen's household is gonna work for Karen as she is jobless AND on drugs AND has five animals to take care of. Sheesh.

Bought a bunch of stuff to prepare for Christmas snackage and meals but am sure I'll have to go again. At least I am off Mon. Tues. Weds. so I'll have time to figure it out. Ordered a quiche and an espresso tart from Myles Baker St. to pick up Tuesday.

The soiree for Karen Schaller is now Monday night. It is a small gathering of people Karen used to know like Connie D and Donna and Wynn and their spouses. Plus she wanted me to invite Tony Duda so I called there and left a message although this sounds like a losing proposition. It would be somebody for Wendell to play guitar with and I said that on the Duda message machine. We'll see how that works out.

So Sunday is looking pretty calm. Monday, cat to vet, massage, probably more shopping and trying to figure out how I (1) left my mastercard bill on the backseat of my car for several weeks and (2) how much money I actually have left, and then, soiree. Tuesday, not much, baking cookies, wrapping or bagging gifts. Don't know if Anne will come here when she gets down from the airport where her dad is picking her up at 6 p.m. Cross your fingers for good weather. Still don't know about Tom's arrival.

Did the Christmas radio show and recorded a good chunk of it. I'll take that to Sherry's tonight to see if she can copy it.

No comments: