Monday, December 08, 2008

but wait! there's more!

Of my exciting weekend activity! We did go down and see Polka Floyd and as Amy says, "The whole time I am watching them, I am grinning." So hard our jaws hurt at the end of the night. I shoulda taken my camera to record some. They are recording their second CD live at the Ohio Theater on Jan. 24 so maybe we will have to think about that.

Sunday, I watched The Savages with Laura Linney and Philip Seymour Hoffman. It was very good.

Then I tried to get a jar of jam out of the fridge and it was stuck fast. This leads me to cleaning out the fridge in a SERIOUS manner and now it is all sparkly for the holidays. Today, I angsted further about the Christmas Eve meal but now I am thinking the small plates thing. Or maybe pulled pork with corn casserole and a couple other things but at least not one big meal on the table all at once. This will also solve my seating problem.

Later Sunday, I made a roast in the oven and it is mediocre. Possibly I could have started with a better cut of meat. I don't know. Meat is not my thing.

Then I watched the Simpsons and Desperate Housewives and hit the sack. Overall, a very good weekend, which I see in reviewing my blog from all of 2008 I said many times, a very good weekend. Sometimes the best weekend ever.

Now I have an acorn squash in the oven and will pop in that salmon when that's done and voila, more food for lunches and stuff.

That's it for now. Starting on the CD sorting and boxing up some to take to the basement so I can move that CD cabinet to the basement for the holiday guest period. Possibly, I will bring decorations up out of the basement as I take the other stuff down. Multi-task. And later, sadly, the two-hour series finale of Boston Legal.

OMFG I just now call my mom about Christmas and she says my sister got fired last Friday from her job because of all the calling in sick she does. So Karen is going for unemployment and disability because of her many ills including fibromyalgia and vertebrae she has had to get fused because of all her years of horse riding. So my mom is noncommittal about Christmas which, as you know, would be just fine with me. JFC I just look at this as when will the money start bleeding out of my pocket.

Mmmm squash and salmon for dinner. I made this recipe Tim had given me years ago that has the Chinese 5-spice powder and vodka and ginger and several other things that you wrap in foil and bake and, while it took a lot longer than the 5-8 minutes I had written down, it was DELICIOUS. Plus I fried in a pan the rest of the bacon I have been eating off and on for 2 weeks so I can put it on salads for lunch.

And all the dishes are done! And I have laundry in! And it's 15 minutes to Boston Legal! A perfect night.

Hmmm, didn't get to the CD sorting......

____________________________________________

No comments: