Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Venting

This week I feel I'm at a standstill on the food operation. I need two years of tax returns which I don't save copies of so I ordered them from the IRS and yesterday one came. Where's the other one?

And I just need a couple things (including said tax returns) to file for the loan with the BG econ development folks and it seems like I'll never have all the stuff together. I guess right now the last thing I need that I have no control over getting is the estimate on hood installation.

THEN when I submit the application for the loan, who knows how long the committee will have it before I know the outcome?? I have a meeting with Huntington Bank Friday to open a checking account and get advice on applying for an SBA loan. Maybe this Mini Loan.

I HAVE recently received my required DUNS number and my certificate from the state that I'm an incorporated LLC. And I hit (just) my Kickstarter goal. And have one $1,000 lender on board.

And then of course, there's all that recent flak about the name Daddy's Girl. How some think it's too risque and then suddenly people who had had no opinion agreed that it at least gave no indication of the nature of the business and at worst sounds like a slutty lingerie store. So now I guess it will be Good To Go by Daddy's Girl or just Good To Go. Which means unless I don't care what people think about website names, I need to buy another domain instead of the DaddysGirlEats.com that I paid $238 for three years for. Not that big an outlay but still. Grrrrr.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a guy out at the shop who sells kitchen equipment on commission for some company in Detroit (who gave me quote #2 on the goods) for him to try and determine if my proposed layout needs any adjustment before it goes to an architect. And about those architects: Ed says his wants $2,500 to finalize the plans and Chip says his will take $2,000 but I'm not sure the latter would do everything right for Wood Co. purposes. Angst again....

I just wanna get the equipment in there and practice cooking in quantity and holding it at an edible temperature and assessing my customer base.

I guess the upside is, between the mild weather and my preoccupation with this project, I haven't got those wintertime blues. Yet.
________________________________

No comments: