Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Almost February

We had Snaps practice tonight and when we said the next practice is Jan. 24, I thought OMG, it's almost February. I've totally lost the first month of 2012. I'm sure I will be glad to have lost another few months when it's closer to presidential election time.

So, Kickstarter update: $2,160 so I'm assured of hitting my goal of $2,500 since I have 14 days left and I haven't beaten up everyone I could have. Pledge here: Kickstarter.

Also I am trying to get up the nerve to ask individuals for $1,000 loans. Wrote the email. Haven't sent it.

Last week, I went to Delaware on Monday to work on the paperwork, was thwarted, went back Wednesday and then spent most of Thursday tying up loose ends on that. My mom was incredibly lucid and discussed Daddy's Girl with me. She felt I needed to make sure and advertise AND to post the hours of operation on the window so if somebody drives up and I'm closed, they'll know when they can return. Good points.

I'm sorry to say I haven't talked to her since Weds. but my sister has and apparently things are going OK although she wants to go home but I haven't heard anything about the pre-release family conference. Maybe they're just milking Medicare for everything they can before they turn her loose. At any rate, I think she WILL be going home, possibly to start her bad habits all over again. I talked to my sister about this and she seems resigned to the fact.

I was delighted to find out that I can get a good chunk of change out of my Roth IRA that even my financial guy said was a good idea as it's already taxed money that's not making a boatload of investment income. So with that and Kickstarter, I'm good for about $18,000. Plus I am this | | close to having my loan application for the BG econ dev folks ready. And I have two architects looking at my layout drawing.

Also I called banks about business checking accounts and have the names of 2 tax people that I will call tomorrow. The state has approved my LLC and I should be getting that document in the mail tomorrow. By the end of January, I should have all financing in place. Also, I called Doug Black about logos. Playing phone tag...

The timeline has February being focused on food: making it in quantity, costing it out for real, talking with wholesale vendors, choosing takeout containers.

In March, I will sign the lease and start moving equipment in. And work on the front construction and interior design.

Chip and I had a big discussion on the ordering process that was helpful.

Unfortunately, I have been lax in finding jobs to apply for for my unemployment requirement. Hmmmmm.
___________________________________

No comments: