Monday, May 02, 2011

It's not a diet

Amy and I have decided to research and implement the six small meals a day food regime. Basically, you eat a carb and protein and veg or fruit six times a day-- 3 bigger and 3 snack size. I'm on day 2 and the pounds are just melting away!! Well, not so much yet.

Mainly, this regime (1) makes you conscious of what exactly you're eating and (2) supposedly helps with maintaining your blood sugar at an even keel throughout the day.

For example, today I had:

Egg on toast and half a banana
String cheese, 3 triscuits, 4 giant strawberries
Half a chicken breast sandwich with lettuce and hummus, 6 grape tomatoes
Yogurt, 3 triscuits, an apple
Leftover stir fry with pork and veg, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, cup of steamed broccoli
Bedtime snack TBD

I would have eaten most of this stuff anyway except for all those fruits and vegetables. I'll keep you posted as I'm sure you're EXTREMELY interested.

Also, I see I only posted once in April. Maybe I'll post more once I'm out of a job May 20. The day after which I'm flying to LA to visit Anne, coming back the following Wednesday. I had a job interview at Hanson in Maumee for a project manager job. We'll see if I get a second interview. I suppose I should be looking harder for a job but I'd just like to have a month off. Is that too much to ask??

_____________________________

No comments: