Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hot Hot Hot

Yesterday it was a blazing 92 degrees for the Memorial Day party. There were many many salads, burgs, brats and Bob's homemade ice cream for dessert. People pretty much cleared out around 8:15, exhausted from the heat. Thanks to Annette and Doug for the clean-up at the end.

I stayed up way too late playing my guitar and consequently got up at 10:30 today. 10:30!! I haven't done that in years.

So today was pretty much a waste: I finished tidying up the yard and did dishes and called my mom in advance of going down there Thursday when I thought I could take her to ODJFS to see why she doesn't get Medicaid. Also she has refused totally to consider moving to assisted living. I can understand this from a wanting to be independent as long as possible point of view. Moving in there is recognition that things are winding down. But she's fallen a couple times lately, because of dizziness from sudden bending over. And I know her doctor appointments keep my sister frazzled.

In a few minutes I'm embarking on some dinner: the Nicoise salad (green beans, potatoes, hardboiled eggs, olives, tomatoes with olive oil dressing) and a raspberry tart thing that has no crust and only 3 tablespoons of sugar in it. To go with some sockeye salmon that I found a very simple recipe for on the Epicurious iPad app.

Big storms on tap for tonight in advance of a slight cooling trend, which will be good for GNO tomorrow night at Connie Dipuccio's. Maybe I'll hit the Goodwill tomorrow for some appropriate tea party attire.

I did scroll through the Ohio Means Jobs website today but didn't see anything. I gotta start making lists of things to do or I will be WORTHLESS. Everyone just says take it easy for the summer, but I think if I can get through June without total panic setting in, I will be doing good.

________________________________

No comments: