Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wailers at the Ark

Although photoshopped for brightness, still blurry:



The Wailers show wasn't as tiresome as too much zydeco like I thought it might be. They played til 9:40 and we thought they'd come back for an encore but they came back for another 45 minutes so we got home at midnight. But frankly, it's ONE Wailer and a bunch of new people. Like seeing the Allman Brothers: it's Gregg Allman and a bunch of utes.

I must say I was a little disappointed in some of Conor O'Neil's appetizers, which is all we had, 6 of them. I may have to correspond my feelings to them.

We got mussels (good), fried Brie (OK, not very creamy), artichoke dip (pretty good but both Chip and I feel the recipe has been changed), tater skins (OK), calamari (AWFUL) and the shrimp and salmon cakes which in my memory used to be these lightly griddled, barely holding together yummies but this time were like the heavy canned-salmon cakes we all remembered from our childhood. I was stuffed anyway so I guess I should shut up. LOL

No comments: