Sunday, February 06, 2011

Enough snow already

Yesterday, they were predicting 1"-3" of snow but it started snowing hard and then about, oh, 7 hours later we had about 8 inches of new snow. Which I shoveled continuously but alas when I came home this morning, the plow had put a ridge of packed snow at the bottom of my driveway so I had to shovel that out before jamming my car into the drive. Can't get it in the garage because the drive's too narrow with all that snow packed along the side and I'm afraid if I did get it in the garage, I would hit the house backing out.

Then I called Amy, who is deathly ill, and go over and shovel out the end of her driveway and some other stuff while she snowblowed some stuff. Then I went to Connie's and did the bottom of her driveway.

Then I'm lounging around with a book on the couch, and the courthouse clock bongs 12 and I realize I was supposed to be at Ginger's for band meeting. So I went there and we had brownies and coffee and she handed out some sheet music.

While I was there, Jessica called about the new B&B website so when I got home I called her back and alas, they don't like the new design. So now I'm working on a new new design. I only did this one page on spec.

Yesterday, I was a ball of fire upon arising, as I thought I was done with the B&B website which I had finished Friday night. I put a pork roast in the crockpot which was in for 8 hours on low and not done by the time I left for Chip's at 6. So I put it in the fridge and put it BACK in the crockpot today and now, 6 hours later on high, it's about done. I also made beef enchiladas which I had one of about an hour ago and they are OK. No great shakes. And I made cookies which I haven't done anything with. And I made apple dumplings with the Pioneer Woman recipe which calls for Mt. Dew and they are sinfully delicious. Highly recommend. Plus they are so easy: wrap a Pillsbury crescent roll around an apple quarter, pour on some butter/sugar syrup and the Mt. Dew and damn.

It's still an hour til the Super Bowl which I am only interested in for the end-of-quarter scores to see if I win any money in the office pool.

Plus this week there is a radio mtg. Monday night and we're going to see the Wailers Weds. night and Thursday Ekoostik Hookah is at Howard's and Friday should be poker and Saturday, JoeBob is at Doc's in Tontogany.

Guess I better dust off my guitar and tune it and see if I can learn Kansas City.

______________________

No comments: