Sunday, January 31, 2010

A nice quiet week

After those 2 weeks+ of drinking every night, this last week was a refreshing change. Probably never thought you'd hear me say that, eh?

One night we went out for half-price sushi at Tea Tree at Levis Commons and Friday night there was some wine drinking but otherwise, incredibly moderate. In bed reading by 10 almost every night.

I went to see the Toledo Rep's production of Leading Ladies today and it was hilarious. Then we ate at Abuelo's and I am stuffed although I only had two enchiladas and some beans and taters.

I loaded a bunch of stuff on my iPod but alas when I plugged it in the car, it said no data. I know there's something in the manual about this message but I don't know what.

After yesterday's total sluggishness of breakfast, laying about all afternoon and then going to the Bass Pro and out to dinner in Toledo and to a bar on Dorr St. to see a band, I got some marginal house cleaning done today and some economy stimulus, i.e., clearance Christmas cards, incense, coffee and a latte, and the trip to Kroger where I always get the same stuff: eggs, bread, kitty din.

This week there's the heinous radio meeting Monday night and GNO Weds. which is apparently at 149 North and then a nothing weekend where I could supposedly go get that damn washer in Delaware as my sister now supposedly has the key to the storage unit although I am loathe to ask anybody to help me with this. My mom says my sister is depressed because where she lives now, there's no cable and although my sister had signed a year contract with the dish people (THERE'S some prudent use of money), she can't put her dish up there and it deprives her of her usual 20 hours a day of TV. I know I'm relentlessly snarky about this but if I had the whole story, like are there meds she could take that would help her but she can't afford them? or is she really the absolute worst sufferer of fibromyalgia on the planet? or where does her money go? or what's the deal with these former trailer park neighbors of her and why are they so angry? then maybe I would be more solicitous. But all I see is her draining my mom of cash and, possibly worse, worrying her interminably.

__________________________

No comments: