Sunday, January 24, 2010

Whirlwind

Since I've been back from Mexico, I've not spent one night home alone. It's just party, dine, party. Way to make January go by fast.

I leased a 2010 Honda Insight Wednesday. My lease on the Accord wasn't over until May and I was already a couple thousand miles over. So who knows if I got a good deal or not. It's fun to drive and so "green" and cute.



Tuesday I had to catch up with my cat sitter and the next night we went to Sherry's because her sister was in town and they made these great cheese prosciutto pizzas. I took dates stuffed with gorgonzola and bacon but alas only Connie would try them. And Hope who came later.

Friday was the Joe Baker Band at Howard's on the early bird schedule and then some euchre playing and last night we played poker. Where it seems like everyone won but that's not possible, now, is it?

Today I am making an apple galette and a wilted spinach salad to go with the short ribs that should be here in about an hour.

I got that bottle of 2008 Milton Park Shiraz which I will taste test tonight and then probably go buy the rest of the case from Joseph Beverage.

Bought a bottle of Singleton scotch too which I hardly ever have liquor in the house so let's see if I can be a good girl about it.

Also today since it was so warm (48) I cleaned out the garage so I can get the new auto in there. Much rearranging and hauling some stuff to the basement.

Did you know the yard waste is now closed and we have pay to take brush to the landfill? Apparently this is because we didn't pass the income tax levy in the fall. Somebody shoulda done a better job of pointing out the consequences of this. I don't recall getting any mailings or anything about it. Although maybe it was in the Sentinel.

This week looks to be relatively calm but there are many upcoming shows (see link at right) including Phat Noiz at the Clazel in March.

And I'm not out of money which is amazing as again this month, I have given my mom $200 to help Karen move and now there is some folderol about exactly where my washer is, apparently in some storage unit for which Karen doesn't have the key although she says she'll break that lock off if she has to. You can see why I am reluctant to set up someone to help me go get it when the getting it seems to be in doubt.

Cole Christensen has moved his radio show on 88.1 to Sunday afternoons noon to 2 which I am delighted about since I never got to hear it on Thursdays 4-6, which I called and told him. He's promoting the Chatham County Line show at GFT this Friday.

I've listened to WBGU since 10 am today: Latino, Cole's bluegrass, the India show, and now I Enjoy Being a Girl.

I bought a used DVD player from some guy at work but haven't got that hooked up. Also have not put anything on my iPod yet. What a techno loser I am.

____________________________________

No comments: