Monday, June 29, 2009

Almost July

But you wouldn't know it from this weather. Very cool tonight. Played some guitar out on the patio inspired by seeing Todd at the Ark Saturday which was FABULOUS!!!! Not too much singing along by the audience. Some unnecessary CLAPPING which at one point I was going to chuck my beer bottle at somebody who was SO out of rhythm it was unbearable. Great meal at Conor O'Neil's prior to. Thanks to Jim for driving us bags.

Todd did a goofy rendition of "Brandy" for which he had to read the words off a music stand. This is the song he said his dad loved when Todd was a kid in the second NPR piece last week about him. Sherry asked in the car on the way home how old Todd is and I said 43 (which he'll be in October). People were amazed.

I love it when he tells the stories about why he writes songs. He told a great one about the song Stuck on a Corner from Peace Queer. "My wife and daughter spend my money pretty much all the time." OMG we were laughing continuously.

So Sunday morning, I got up and ordered "Viva Satellite" and "Near Truths and Hotel Rooms" from half. com. That last one is a live concert CD which is what we love about Todd, with the stories and stuff.

So I mowed yesterday and dug up all the weeds out of part outside the east kitchen window. And pulled up a bunch of ground ivy which plagues my grass. I see that I have to apply some chemical after the first frost to get rid of this stuff.

I went to the farmers market Saturday and got black raspberries from which I made a cobbler and some cucumbers and some various colored eggs. I stopped myself from buying more perennials although there were some great day lilies cheap.

GNO Wednesday at Sherry's where it will be cool as it was last year when she had it.

_________________

No comments: