Saturday, January 31, 2009

No blog since the Inaug

Man, it is just tiresome, the continual talk of financial ruin, driving 45mph to and from work because the roads are bad. Unending task completion at work. Shoveling. It's a good thing I have a few bright spots in my life. You know who you are.

The Big is nearly apoplectic that he can't use the yard as his litterbox. He goes out daily and marches from the front to the back and I let him back in.

Update on the mom saga: she was going to move in the old folks apt. complex but the one she would get isn't ready until the middle of Feb. so now she feels stuck in the trailer for another month but I told her I would fork out some rent money if she needs it for the new place. So I don't have to go down tomorrow and help her pack.

The line-up for Wheeling has been released and while it's big, we've seen all those people recently or enough. I keep waiting for the release of the Madison Ribberfest line-up, but no dice. It's on my birthday weekend.

Just holding on until Mexico. One week from tomorrow. I tried on swimsuits last night and while it wasn't a beauty pageant, I've seen worse. And those boys in Mexico will bring you a beer to your beach chair no matter what you look like. Smiling.

I went to buy the new books by Wally Lamb and Chuck Pahliniuk but they're both still only in hardcover and too heavy to tote to the beach. So I bought a handful of stuff at GFT instead which I'm sure will be plenty amusing.

Lyle and Judy's Inauguration Party was a fun time. It was a huge crowd and I shoulda worn some red, white and blue.



At least they had those festive hats which were big enough for my giant head.

I missed Calvin Cooke at GFT and Anthony Gomes at FFB. And my upcoming show is way outdated. Sigh.

So I had ordered this luggage from Overstock.com and it was no better than the one I have in the basement so I sent it back at my expense and then they charged me for it being scratched so just now I had an online chat with a service rep and they gave me all my money back. Just a lesson in don't let the man get you down.
___________________________________

No comments: