Friday, January 09, 2009

Four weeks to Mexico

Just hunkering down here for the MAJOR WINTER STORM with snow up 10 INCHES. We'll see when we wake up in the AM. A very quiet Friday night at home, reading through many New Yorkers, drinking wine. Called Miss Annie for a bit but that's all. Made a list of stuff to do around the house like crack caulking and hearth painting. I have one coat on. Needs at least one more.

Earlier this week, I called my mom to see if I should come help her pack up on Saturday to move (which as it turns out would have been a bad idea, travel-wise) and ALAS Karen has not got a check for disability (surprise, surprise) so my mom is stuck there until something happens with that. Grrrrrrrrr.

Didn't do doodly squat the rest of this week at night but it is winter, after all. They are lucky I showed up at work daily, what with the radar being funky on 13abc.com (which is now resolved) and various ad crap having to be dealt with and my continuing campaign to get the newsroom to realize that pretty soon, it will be ALL internet, your linearally programmed news shows are of no importance. Evangelizing is so hard.

Ordered this bag off Overstock.com which should arrive any day now. Tired of lugging my duffel through the airports. In olive, not your usual red or black.

Last night I did an exercise DVD off Netflix. Why do my abs not hurt? Obviously, I am not doing something right. Then I watched two Barbara Stanwyck movies from the 50s, To Please a Lady and Jeopardy, in both of which she gets slapped in the face by a man. Hmmmmm. Not liking this pattern. At least the first one had many fabulous outfits. Here's a pic of Barbara and Clark Gable after the slap and when they are IN LOVE.

Hmm it looks like the Madison Indiana Best Western is out of business and the next cheapest place has no rooms left for the Ribberfest. I better get on this.

Full moon Saturday.

_______________________________________

No comments: