Sunday, June 03, 2007

June, OMG

Today I went to see my mom. Who has agreed to move up here, so I've been researching places she can be like Abundant Living in Perrysburg or Cedar Park here in BG. Today, we went to the Waldo cemetery where my mom's parents and her sister and her brother are buried. We put flowers on all those grave. I put this Stella d'Ora lily on my aunt's grave. Ada Ruth. Her sisters were named Marjorie Jean, Blanche Geraldine and Arlene Mae. The boys were William and Donald.



Listening to Raul Malo "I Love You for Sentimental Reasons." Drinking white wine and Perrier.

As I drive home every week from my mom's, the other drivers are hideous. Why does some guy think, because HE'S going 67, that he just HAS to pass that semi going 65? Can he not see that I am already in the passing lane going 78????? Plus that part of 75 from Findlay to BG is like the racetrack from Hell. I have to get off at Cygnet and onto 25. Stubbs will recall that I was on the phone with him during that section a few weeks ago and was privy to my bellowing "Get out of my WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY."

Today as I was leaving, Mrs. CL next door came out and I told her I was going to take my mom to some cemetery in Waldo to put flowers on various graves. She told me again about her trip to BG's Oak Grove on Memorial Day where her parents and her husband are buried. Then she says, "You know, we were only married for 10 or 11 years." I must have looked puzzled because she went on to say her first husband was an *ass* . She whispered *ass*. And that the second guy had adopted her daughter as his own. Then she started to segue into a familiar story about some inheritance from the *bitch* wife of her first husband.

Rain Rain Rain! Yay, I thought it never would. But this evening, it's been a deluge here in BG. Between Clay and Curtice Sts.

I've revised my retirement plan. I'll write a blockbuster novel in a few years! Gee, it seems so simple.

No comments: