Saturday, June 30, 2007

it's like voodoo

I get all stressed out about my mom and my crazy sister and my stomach feels crappy. Like not hungry but still full. And my shoulders are tight. I called again today and my mom said things were up in the air, like Karen might rent a furnished one-bedroom on her own with some check she claims is coming from California. Like they forgot to forward her mail from her PO box. Then the check will be lost. Hum de dum. Heard this before.

On a much lighter note, we went to see Lyle Lovett and kd lang at Hill Auditorium Thursday. kd has a fabulous voice and Lyle's band is indeed Large. At one point there was Lyle, a drummer, a conga guy, a guy at a grand piano, a pedal steel player, a fiddler, a mandolin player, a guitarist, a cellos player, Francine Reed and three guy backup singers, one of which was Sweet Pea Atkinson who sang with the Boneshakers. It was a great show. We ate at Conor O'Neill's before.

Last night, I volunteered at rally by the river. Question Mark and the Mysterians played and they were great and then Ian McLagan and the Bump Band played and they sucked. But it was a lovely night to be outside and I was home in bed by 11.

Today, I washed the floor in the living room. Last weekend, I did the green room. Just a few more square feet and those floors will look like buttah.

I should probably recognize this turn of events with Karen as a sign to get out now. How far away is far enough, I asked my boss. He said, "Mexico."

No comments: