Monday, May 14, 2007

whirlwindishness

Friday night, I went to the Humane Society wine and cheese with Sal and her sister Lisa who I haven't seen in 20 years or more and Carrie. We had a swell time although we bought nothing in the silent auctions. Then we went to Beckett's and drank and played pool and went outside to smoke (all of us but Sal). We were tanky. I hope Sal got home OK.


Here's Lisa talking to Rodney at Beckett's



Here we are at the wine and cheese.




Here's some chow Sal and Carrie and I had at Rush St. in Ann Arbor when we went to see Norah Jones. Late, but OK.



Saturday, I went and got my new car.

I leased this because (1) my mom, who I have to see a lot more now, had a hard time getting in my Civic and (2) my old friends had a hard time getting in the back seat of my 2-door Civic. Plus now I can sell my Civic for 3 or 4 thousand more than I owe on it and pay that on my loser sister's car loan. Which will defray it by about one-quarter. But at least I have a new car. Which is lovely.

I didn't have a radio show Saturday which is good because I had a ton of stuff to do like yard work. I went to the perennial swap and got some wild ginger from Sherry and a Rose of Sharon. And I got herbs at Calico Sage, basil two kinds and cilantro and parsley, Italian flat leaf.

My kids both called me on Mother's Day although Anne called at 10 pm when I didn't hear the phone so I got the "So you're too busy to take a call from your child on Mother's Day" message. Oh, she's so brusque.

Saturday night, Stubbs and Doug came over and played cards with me and Amy, which was lovely.

Sunday, I went to see my mom and got home about 6:30. Woooh. Tiring. But she seemed to like it. I took her meatloaf and potato salad and beef enchiladas so she'll have something to eat. Which I made after working on the backyard for 3 hours Saturday. How do I do it??? It amazes me.

This Sunday I won't go down because Annie and I are going to the folk fest in Madison, IN, Fri Sat Sun. Actually we just drive home on Sun but I'm taking a week off from going to Delaware.

On the way out of town on Sunday, I saw my old high school boyfriend working in his yard so I stopped and talked for a little bit. When I left, he said, "It's always nice to talk to you. Always." They all still love me. Can't help it that I'm lucky, as Toni Price sings.

Tonight I mowed AND RAKED my front yard so finally it looks good. Maybe tomorrow I can make the back yard look better.

The week after this is Memorial Day already and I'm having the second annual Bean Fest although I hope only Annette and Gus bring beans because theirs are the best. Monday, eat around 5. Tell your friends.

No comments: