Sunday, October 29, 2006

Acquisition

I went to the farmers market and bought some eggs and some organic ground beef and onions. These onions are the best ever.


Then Miss Jenks and I went to the 10,000 Villages trunk sale at the TUM church. They had rugs for around $3,000. We bought some baubles and trinkets.


Then I went on a CD buying rampage. The J. Walter Burnett I got at the Finders used and it's fabulous. That new Will Kimbrough is great. It's part anti-war songs and part wacky stuff like "Act Like Nothing's Wrong." The KD Lang is not so good. The Janis Joplin is great. A couple of compilations for radio show use. The Bitter One is a local band they had playing in the Madhatter while I was in there. And how could you not buy a cd called "It's Christmas (Let's Have Sex)" by Duke Tumatoe?


I should have saved some dough as it's a big weekend coming up: Rod's at the FHofM and Popa Chubby at Howard's Saturday and Rod's opening for Debbie Davies on Sunday. Buckle down and cook weather. It's too cold to rake and clean out the garage. It's Girls Night Out this week.

No comments: