Monday, June 26, 2006

Almost July......... cripe

It's the usual lament. Too many friends, so little time. General merriment. A forced excursion to Tony Packo's the night of the big storms. Volunteered at Rally by the River Friday night. Radio show Saturday. Russell visits town Saturday night. Sunday Crosby Gardens art festival. Where I bought this stained glass mirror.



Here's a close up. It matches my decor like it was custom-made: zebra pieces, red parts, shards the color of my walls.



We saw these pictures that looked like metal etchings but they were metallic paint that this guy applied with condiment bottles and a putty knife.



A view of the garden.



Some flowers from the Jenks flora collection.







And Friday night, I hit a deer on 25 just north of the Nissan dealer. Deceased. Just getting the fuzz on his antlers, according to a firefighter who stopped to see because he had heard it on the scanner.



Some repair is in order.



He just sort of appeared as a large brown pillow on my windshield, bounced off and landed in the gravel on the other side of the northbound lanes. I never saw him coming. Luckily, I veered directly into the Nissan dealer lot and called law enforcement on the cell.

So now I'm driving a silver Taurus with Joisey plates in case you see me.

No comments: