Friday, June 16, 2006

where does the time go?

First, let me say that perhaps GNO for July should be moved to the 12th to accommodate people that might be too pooped to participate after a raucous 4th weekend. What say?

Also, Saturday night, a rockabilly band, Kentucky Chrome is at Casa Barron's on the patio at 7. I know, it will be 95 degrees. But let's do it. See you there.

Pretty much this whole week has been centered on socializing with various friends. Nightly. Oooh, it's a rough schedule but how can I deny my presence to those who find it so amusing? I can not.

I bought a mirror for over the lovely CD cabinet. Haven't hung it yet. Pictures to come. I got it at Creative Elements in Grand Rabbits.

Tonight I visited the Heinous for 3 beers but came home to water stuff as it ain't rainin' here for days. Wynne, Steve, Doc, Jenks, Whitey, Pete, Dave, Surly Bob, Dr. Sue and her boy and man servants. If I had any gumption, I'd go back down there and see that local Bluegrass band, the student loan. But oh they start so late. And oh I am so old for that.

Got the AC on. Might go to see Tim next weekend as Roger McGuinn is at Kent Stage. Last week, I had a dream that Roger McGuinn was backstage at a live performance of Prairie Home Companion in New Orleans and I was in the wings apparently making too much noise and Garrison Keillor had to shush me from the stage. I mean how often do you even THINK of Roger McGuinn and here he is in my life twice in one week. This was one of those long dreams, where in one part, I crossed a river on a road bridge where there was nothing to prevent you from driving into the drink if you weren't careful. I often have something to do with driving in dreams, which is a symbol for who has control of your life. Like I had one where Jenks was driving a van and we went to the edge of a cliff down into a river and were hanging there and had to exit said van gingerly so it didn't fall on down to the river FAR below. So I think a road with no edge is a good sign. Like all things are possible. And I don't mean 'with god.' It's all too kosmik.

Listening to Joe Ely Live Shots. Might have to play the guitar later. Drunkenly.

Radio show tomorrow. 2-4. Listen at www.wbgufm.com online for you out-of-towners.

No comments: