Monday, April 10, 2006

Puddlewonderful


On Sunday, it was finally like spring. Here's a lovely backyard in our fair town.


Us chicks was hanging out gossiping in the driveway.


Some people like to go fishing in this weather. Or say they're going fishing. Does that look like a plastic fish to you?


We got down to it Thursday night. This is right before we painted the mantle black.


We are recovering the ottoman. I use "we" in the royal sense here. I didn't do nothing.


There was much sewing which was all ripped out the following day for a new design which is almost finished. really. almost.



These women came over to critique and advise and apparently smoke and drink.


Now the mantle is black.

And so finally, there is a partial result. To the untrained eye, it's done. Just a little snip snip here, brush brush there, and a couple of tra-la-las. That's how we pass our life away in the merry old land of Oz.


Here is a photoshopped version of that picture above, lightened for clarity, sharpened for detail. I disclose all photoshopping. I hope you appreciate how much time I put into this . Sniff.

That sofa is the perfect height. Some of my longitudinally challenged friends can't get their feet to touch the floor, but, alas.

I need that brass monkey.....

WHAT I DID ON THE WEEKEND
--by the evilwebqueen

Umm Friday we worked on the ottoman and played some pool. And Saturday I stayed in bed late and did a radio show and watched some Sopranos. I got to the part where Tony gets a bunk buddy who we think is all cool and independent and confident and sexy and stuff (like me) but she turns out to be the same raging, beef-slinging, guilt-pushing quiff all the other women in the world are. I was personally affronted by this turn of events.

Sunday was lovely and I worked outside (I use that term loosely) and walked downtown. All right, to the video store. AND the library and the Ace. Then later I grilled hamburgers. And got ready for the talk I gave to a bunch of high school kids today on "Converging Media: The Face of Tomorrow." I did not pick this topic. I told these kids if I knew the Face of Tomorrow, I would be a zillionaire and not standing there talking to them. Real dose of reality for the little weasels, eh? Then I went on to bamboozle them with statistics on how many Amerikans have broadband and get news online and how somebody has to PAY for all this internet content and there is advertising and subscriptions and product placement, such that you can tell who the sponsor of a Sopranos episode is by, for example, the guys all ordering shots of Wild Turkey and walking past Wild Turkey signs on the way out of the bar etc etc. Also I got in some shots about Rupert Murdoch and Fox and myspace and what is REALLY evil in this world. Very satisfying. Perhaps I will return to teaching...

Tonight my phone rang as I walked past Annie's and it was HER and I went in and got her and as we walked past Howard's, DONNA comes out and we all go to Beckett's and drink while Gus (whom we love) tends bar. It was all too cosmically aligned. Speaking of which, full pink moon Thursday.

Tomorrow night, the Subdudes at the Ark.

No comments: