Sunday, April 30, 2006

Emily Keegan stole my cigarettes

Well, she didn't really. It's just that I was at a booth with her and a lovely couple and I got up to move and then my cigs were gone. But it makes a nice blog headling. This young couple, Lindsey and Gary


Here is the birthday boy with the party dog Stubbs.


Here is the birthday boy's brother looking uncharacteristally jovial.


Here is a pole dancer in Nate and Wally's. She showed up at Amy's afterhours. She tried to eat but I think she was all tuckered out from all that gyration.


I guess I shoulda worn a hat.


A guy in a hula skirt.


When I left some guys were busking next to the bar.


It was bar crawl night and these girls had the appropriate sentiment on their shirts.



These girls looked like they had had plenty o bar crawl.


Here is a girl who some felt looked like Pippi Longstocking but she had me email this picture to some oliveoyl address.





I got this table runner for the table behind my new sofa.


Here is a closeup view of one of the palm trees on it.


I know I haven't blogged in a while and I missed an entire weekend, one in which I even had an extra day off. That weekend I did massive yard work and planted some bushes (note to self: get pictures) and had some people over for patio beer and then I had a radio meeting last Monday and went to the bar with Jenks on Wednesday and to Amy's Thursday briefly and then it was Friday and you can see above what we did. Celebrated Will's b-day at Nate and Wally's.

I am told there is a Kent Holloway benefit at Howard's on May 14 with Rod's Collision and Tony and Joe et al. Also one is being planned for Michael Stickles whose new salon burned down last Friday morning.

So it's May. Amy and I have bailed on Wakarusa so I have the tickets listed on eBay. Let me know if you want to buy them. And there's some one-day concert in California in August that Jenks and I are looking at.

Tomorrow's Monday which probably means saying "Hi" to Gus at Beckett's. Wednesday is GNO at Deb H's. And that brings us to nearly the weekend and certainly Cinco de Mayo.

No comments: