Monday, August 08, 2011

Some days

After a sluggish last week, today was a good one. I took my computer to the Answer Factory because of its blue screen problem and got a transcript from BGSU so I can apply to Owens, Then I went to the gym for my workout where I saw a woman I used to work with at the U who told me UT is looking for a last minute MIcrocomputers 101 instructor so I sent my resume to her for that.

The Answer Factory charged me $165 to fix my computer, installing 2 GB of memory and a new anti-virus program and generally tidying it up so it apparently runs lightning fast although I haven't plugged it back in yet.

Then the bank calls to tell me I should refinance my house to 3.5% and I tell the woman I"m unemployed and she says, even better, because they have special programs for the unemployed. So I'm waiting for a call from some guy to talk about this.

Then I went out to Chip's to unclutter the attic loft which I did in about an hour, loading stuff into plastic bins which, once we get down from the attic to the first floor, I will reorganize into trash and treasures for further storage in the barn. Then Chip made a delicious ribeye and grilled onions and I put together a salad and that corn cherry tomato basil side dish. MMMMMMM.

He gave me a complementary bottle of wine as a door prize which I am drinking now.

On Thursday, we will entertain some people because his friend Kerry is up from Houston so there was some menu planning for that. And I won't get to that further attic stuff tidy til later now because of this. And Friday I have to go to Delaware to take my mom to an eye doc in Columbus.

And now, I'm on the deck with the iPad hoping the mosquitoes don't wake up.

I've had some poison ivy since last Tuesday but Sherry gave me a Benedryl gel that is working great in terms of no itching and it seems to be drying up.

No comments: