Friday, August 19, 2011

Monkey off my back

Over the last couple weeks, I watched all 52 episodes of Mad Men on my iPad. It was like when I watched The Sopranos a couple years ago. Like a junkie, I would promise myself only one episode and it always turned into two and some nights I would stay up til 2 am doing it. It was fun.

Tonight we are going to see Todd at the Ark! I am so excited. My main concern is avoiding the traffic on 475 where it's down to one lane for construction.

The dinner at Chip's was a drunken good time. Pork chops, bok choy, salad, mango salsa, shrimps on the barbie, bread pudding.

We roped Kerry visiting from Houston into helping us lift the stuff from the attic loft into the second floor bedroom. Next week I will go out there and sort further in preparation for that room getting new carpet.

Tomorrow I am putting out the remnants of the garage sale for three hours ONLY. Then it goes out to the curb for free. Gotta get that garage cleaned out for the Labor Day party which is 2 weeks from Monday. Later that day, Amy and I are going to tourist around to the Levis Commons art fair and the Maumee street fair. The Homewreckers are at the Village Idiot that night but it will probably be too packed to even get in.

I have a turkey breast brining in the fridge to experiment with as I love real turkey sandwiches but hardly ever get any. I will put it in the oven in the AM during the garage sale.

Been beautiful weather lately.
_____________________________

Mowed today and raked some more of the pine needle covered spots in the backyard and am watering that now. So far so good on that. Some grass is actually returning.

No comments: