Monday, March 07, 2011

March so far

Friday night we hooked up Apple TV to Chip's tv and verily, the Netflix was accessed. So we watched Grown Ups which was pretty good.

Saturday Amy and I went to an estate sale which had been going on since Thursday so the good stuff was all gone but I got a rag rug and a picture frame. Later that night we went to Kim n Jim's for cards. Two tables of poker and at the end I was $10 to the good. The ride home was dicey since about 4 inches of snow fell during the card game. But Sherry did a great job of driving us safely back to the big city.

Mostly I have been tidying up for the arrival of my kids this weekend for Frank's wedding Saturday. Alas, I am behind. But as Amy reminded me, I cleaned like a demon before Xmas and in no time it was trashed in here.

Apparently, it was decided at GNO, which I totally forgot, that I would have it in June. Based on me having had it in June in previous years, which is mistaken. I'll be getting together a schedule of past GNOs soon. But for 2011, the schedule so far is Deb H. in May, me in June, Annette in July and Connie DiPuccio in August. Sept. and Oct. are still open. I had October and December last year. Amy is hoping to have new side steps by fall and may host one then.

Here's what I have left to do: inflate the extra bed, more laundry, buy some last minute food stuffs, and wine, and make chicken soup and cherry chocolate cookies. We'll see how Tuesday night goes. My plans are probably overkill.

Sunday, I screwed around endlessly, which I am really good at, and then had band practice and then went to Chip's for dinner. Just as we were serving up the braised beef shanks with broccoli on the side, Doug shows up, so he ate with us, luckily for him, availing himself of that PLUS the apple dumplings made with crescent rolls and Mountain Dew.

My new guitar is very satisfactory. Maybe when I am REALLY GOOD I will get an even better one. But it sounds cool through the new amp.

OMG the Band of Heathens were fabulous! Sal declined at the last minute and while we were eating at Conor O'Neil's, Stubbs called John Doering to point out there was no poker, which he didn't know, so he drove up to AA and went to the show with us! Sherry feels their new CD, which we were the first people in the universe to procure, is dark. But, damn, those boys can play. It was a delightful time.

And Welders Saturday!!

Picking up my daughter at DTW Weds. at 7 pm. Texted Tom about airport pickup but he says his dad has it covered. Whenever they're arriving. I think Friday. Hope they can attend the Welders briefly so I can show them off.
_________________

No comments: