Monday, March 21, 2011

Catching up

Friday last week, I took $12 off my friends in the monthly poker game. As Amy and I are cleaning up, we discover Chip has left his phone and although I have had about a pint of whiskey, I decide to drive it out to him and he allows me to stay overnight so I don't have to drive back into town on the St. Patrick's day weekend when they are looking for drunk drivers.

Saturday I went to Zumba which nearly killed me and I was sure i was the only person there who had drunk nearly a pint of whiskey the night before. But i did not die. Later that day I had a radio show and then Chip and I went to the Arts Commission fundraiser at One Seagate where they had some delicious snacks and some passable Merlot and we saw Slow Burn and the Jeff Williams band with Isis and then we went to the Blarney and snaked our way in to see the Homewreckers and I got home at midnight again.

Then Sunday, I went to my mom's where she and my sister couldn't decide on what takeout to get so I end up going to the grocery store and buying spaghetti and sausage and salad and garlic bread and prepare it for them and do the dishes and leave there too late to get to Snaps practice on time so I arrive 20 minutes late and we practice Dimming of the Day with Cindy singing and I Feel Good and At Last with me singing and then i went to Chip's where he had prepared fish with spinach and yellow squash and ice cream with berries for dessert.

OMG my sister was talking about some guys she had hooked up with on Facebook who she believes she can sing for at events and get paid. Like she believes she is a good Patsy Cline impersonator but hmmmmm. and my mom continues to fail and I need to decide if she will go in a nursing home.

Today the new boss was at work and we had a brief meeting with him about the digital properties so I hope we convinced him not to lay us all off but who knows what their plans are.

But I am only thinking about going to Austin this weekend. Where it will be 90 degrees so I've had to find my summer clothes which I conveniently packed in a box and labeled and found in the small hall closet. Thursday is packing night. Chip has agreed to take me to the airport and Fred said he would pick me up although I need to confirm this with him.

i'm sure i've missed an entire week of March and it was packed full of activity. Oh right. The weekend before, my kids were home for their dad's wedding and stayed here and I was up too late many nights and there was much drinking and sleeping on the couch for me. Plus i was sick on Thursday March 10 so did not see Red Molly at GFT or Larry Garner at the Clazel.

And it was Welders on Sat. March 12 and although I had had the Jiggs dinner with Chip's parents that day, we went to Howard's around 9 and the crowd was huge and finally my kids showed up with my car and after showing them to Miss Oates, we came back here and drank whiskey until 4 a.m. while discussing the origin of man in America and the 911 plane crashes and many other important topics.

Sunday the kids had brunch with their dad and new family and then later that day we went to Chip's for dinner where he made a delicious osso bucco and seared ahi tuna and i made the white trash apple dumplings and much wine was drunk and i still had to go to work monday after sleeping on the couch again.

Also, March 8 we played cards at Kim and Jim's which was a fun time. More whiskey drinking but I still won some cash.
______________________

No comments: