Sunday, June 06, 2010

Old west end fest

We did this in two half days which in retrospect was brilliant as all that walking in one day would have been a lot.

Saturday we saw 4 of the 6 homes on the house tour and saw some garage sales at one of which I bought this set of dishes. When I look them up on eBay, I find out they're worth about $240. I paid $15. So maybe I'll sell them to make up for all the stuff I bought today. Which was a pair of earrings and four votive candles and a cookbook and a cotton top and a lantern for a candle and two Xmas compilation CDs, one of which has Doris Day singing Toyland. Today we saw the other two houses.

Last night we were drinking some wine and I get a storm warning text and then until 3:30 a.m. I am posting to the 13abc Facebook updates which drew hundreds of comments from appreciative viewers who were apparently holed up in their basements with their laptops and no TV.

Also last night Amy and I bought tickets to see Lyle Lovett at meijer gardens in GR, Michigan on Aug. 7. Booked a room for one night.

No comments: