Monday, March 22, 2010

A relaxing weekend

With a lot of eating. Friday night, I made a tomato-anchovy-garlic-jalapeno sauce for pasta with swordfish on top and a salad of baby lettuce, avocado, walnuts and gorgonzola with poppy seed dressing. Had an antipasto appetizer with some mortadella and capicola and fancy olives I got a the Fresh Market. Served lemon meringue pie. Won't do that again. Not good with wine.

Saturday I had breakfast at the Grill and then Amy made pork tenderloin with applesauce-ginger glaze and more salad. And Sunday night I had chicken breasts in a sauce that had ginger, almonds, onion, garlic and apricots which was mediocre. Not worth the trouble. With baked potatoes and brussel sprouts. Had a little wine with all that.

We played some euchre out at Chip's Saturday night and otherwise I read a ton, got a new Food and Wine annual cookbook at GFT.

I picked up a huge bag of pine cones in the backyard and planted some flower seeds although I know it's a little early but they were leftovers from last year so if they come up, bonus.
______________

No comments: