Monday, October 12, 2009

Where's fall?

I mean fall like in colorful trees and blue sky days. Not this cold and drear that has set upon us. At least the roads are not ice-covered. Like some places.

Here's a picture of the Pemberville Opera House. Those seat don't look too comfy.

Tonight, only one hour of play practice as more than half the cast had conflicts.

This weekend, I went to Amy's Friday night to bitch and we drank a little wine.

Saturday, I did part of the Blues Breakfast and now I am really not on again until Halloween. I wrote down all the sports pre-empts and I see that I am not on the Saturday before Christmas so I'll have to do a holiday show Dec. 12. On Hanukkah. Then starting Jan. 2, I am off through March.

I did not go on the Maumee historic home tour with Amy and Sherry.

I dug all the perennials out of my big raised bed and dug in a bale of peat moss and replaced the perennials which seem to be faring OK.

Dr. Sue stopped over for a beer. She has a photo exhibit going up at Secor Park in November which we'll have to go see.

Then Amy and I went out to play cards with the boys.

Sunday, I had not heard from my mom and so I wasn't going to go down there, but she had my Uncle Gene call me about 11:40 so I jump in the car and go hoist boxes for 3 hours and took her to the store. She has way too much stuff. We got all the kitchen stuff unpacked and stowed and sorted out all the Christmas stuff and put it in her coat closet but there are still many many boxes of I don't know what that she'll have all winter to sort through. At least, she can move around in there now. It seems bigger than her old apartment, even with all the box clutter.

I told her how me and the kids are going to Texas for Christmas. She was of course dismayed but I told her I would come down the night before Thanksgiving and we could go buy a bunch of stuff and make a big dinner on Turkey Day. I'll have to drink.

Although maybe this plan will encourage her to do some sortin' and storin' in case she might get other visitors that day.

Plus my sister is holding my mom's phone hostage. My mom needs some number off the bill (I called today) and Karen purportedly has been paying the bills so my mom doesn't have one. And I have no way to contact her.

Here's some interesting information:
The only ingredients in Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey are cave spring water, corn, malted barley, and rye. A lot of its flavor is acquired from the inside of the new charred oak barrel it ages in for four to eight years, depending on the label. Also, don't forget the charcoal leeching process that makes Tennessee whiskey distinct from bourbon.

Going in at 7 wasn't so bad but about 3, I was ready for a nap. I left at 4:30, which was nice, got home, made some sweet potato soup which I needed green chiles in the can for and I thought I had some in the freezer but after I dumped them in, I find they are chopped jalapenos. Mmm, spicy.

Listening to The Band of Heathens new CD One Foot in the Ether. Which I ordered from Lone Star Music along with the new Robert Earl Keen and the new Lyle Lovett which doesn't come out until next week.
____________________________

No comments: