Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Lost week

In what appears to be the perfect storm of insanity, I have signed on to do a play, Twain Tall Tales, with the Black Swamp Players the weekend of Nov. 13-15. Which means that after I have worked 2 and half weeks of long days because Erin is going to Hawaii, I will be at play practice every night for the week before the new web design at work goes live. I seem to remember doing this same thing the last time there was a new web design.

In the play, I have three parts: one is a brief monologue, one is a fairly brief exchange with Noah about building the ark, and the third is as a narrator for a fairy tale. I have the brief monologue down already and we only just got the book tonight.

At least I don't have play practice EVERY night like I thought I would as there is a second act called the Diaries of Adam and Eve or something, which I am not in so none tomorrow, and next week, it's only Monday and Wednesday and the following week, only Monday and Tuesday. I'll keep you posted. I do not expect you to schlep out to Pemberville to see this.

Miss Annie was here last week but left on Saturday before the Harvest Party from which there seem to be about no pictures. We went up to Ann Arbor and Chelsea one day and shopped and drank beer and ate lobster. And drank heavily most other nights.

I have many new friends on Facebook.

Sunday I went to Delaware to move some of my mom's stuff into her apartment as she hadn't ended up moving the week before because of illness. And I'll go again this Sunday, assuming she HAS moved which I need to call her about to make sure.

Also I ordered Tom a new phone which became a clusterf**k but finally it works, after much online and on phone hasselling around.

And I rebooked my flight to Austin and got Expedia to refund my first flights. Which they won't credit my card for until 60-90 days. Fockers. I don't know if I posted about how suddenly Delta cancels my first flights and rebooked them so I lost both the first and last days of a 5-day trip. Duh. Plus I would have had to fly into Minneapolis for a layover on Dec. 23. Like that wasn't a disaster waiting to happen.

No radio show again this week but there will be one on Halloween which I have much appropriate tunes for thanks to Chip having brought music to last year's Halloween party.

Gandalf Murphy Oct. 16. Polka Floyd at Grumpy Dave's Oct. 23. Rod's at the ClaZel Oct. 24. Haven't got Neko Case tickets yet!!!

Missed GNO tonight and will miss November's as well because of play practice.
__________________

No comments: