Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Good Sam

Sunday I went out to pay my Sears bill at the store and this little old lady is tottering around in the very hot parking lot. When I come out, she is still tottering around and not near where the cars were parked.

So I ask if she needs help and she says she can’t find her car. She had an ElderBeerman shopping bag and her purse. She says it’s a grey Toyota which I don’t see any of in the 8 cars in the lot so I ask her what door she went and then she wasn’t sure so I get her in my car (very unsteady on her feet) and we go around back and there’s her silver Rav 4 Toyota. I asked her when we were getting in my car if maybe we should call someone and she says, Oh they already think I’m crazy. So then she gets in the Rav4 and drives off, waving at me.

She told me about 8 times ‘You are so kind. I can’t believe you are so kind.’ Man, who knows how long she was out there tottering around in that heat.

1 comment:

Boris Tilov said...

Good work ma! It never ceases to amaze me, the lack of care for other people.