Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life goes on and on and on and on

I did not post about the Welders which was good fun. Buford played but Tony did not and Fred did the bass as Fiely did not show up. To the consternation of some.

Linda Kidd was handing out tickets to the Alicia's Voice benefit so now many of us are going. Dress is more casual than I had previously thought I could get away with. Then there's Polka Floyd at Howard's that night. And Eddie Shaw Saturday night at Hines Farm.

Plus I will be on the radio 1-3 this Saturday.

Also I have done more massive gardening on Saturday. I planted that beauty berry bush in the back corner of the back bed. Deciding it was imperiled by that ground cover stuff in that corner, I dug all that out, roots, bulbs, whatever. I'm sure I didn't get it all but I will persevere as weather permits.

I picked all the tomatoes I could find to bring in to ripen. And I brought in that hibiscus. We'll see how that goes. I need more light. If you have a place this plant could winter over, let me know.

Ginger says she will bring over her fire pit thing this weekend for the Halloween party on the 31st. If I have not invited you, please feel free to come. It is costume-optional. We will be playing cards. I am making a crockpot of sandwich filling but otherwise snacks are also optional. Don't make such a big deal.

Sunday night we went out to Chip's for his birthday and that of his daughter's dog Lilly. When they picked the cake up from Kroger's that said Happy Birthday Lilly & Chip, the cashier asked if they were twins. He built a fire in the yard and we had pasta delight and corn casserole and deviled eggs and those delightful sausages Doug makes and cheesy dip and shrimps.

My Tigger costume auction on eBay ends within the hour with a high bid of $63. I'm good with that.

No comments: