Monday, August 18, 2008

machines are evil

So I finally get around to posting my Wheeling pictures and my camera batteries are dead.

I've received TWO birthday presents today in the mail. A Ry Cooder CD and an Emmylou Harris CD from Miss Jenks and a gift certificate to a wine store in Perrysburg from Karen and Wendell. Miss Jenks's card has the Starry Night on it.

And in the ongoing effort to procrastinate about sorting those CDs on the floor of the green room, I've done quite a bit of other cleaning and toted that high-top table and chairs out to the garage. I was going to put them in the middle room but I like that table that's in there now with its motley collection of stuff on it so they're in the garage until the dream of basement clean-up for winter use is complete. And I did a Pilates DVD.

My mom called on the weekend to say she is having a big dinner at her house on Sunday because her birthday is Monday. I will take her some tomatoes, of which I have about 30 or 40.

I joined Netflix the other day but I don't have my first DVD yet because they are having some distribution problem. It's I'm Not There, that Bob Dylan biopic. And I have unlimited live streaming of movies on the computer which I'll have to try some day when I have several hours to spare.

Plus I ordered some Cool Brew online because now I am a junkie for it. You can make one perfect cup of coffee in about 3 minutes. I got French Roast, which I had before, and mocha. Yumba.

I have been shopping to dispense with my money-off cards from various stores. I spent the $10 on a drying rack for outdoors at Ace Hardware and $10 off two bras at Kohl's and $20 towards two chairs I bought at Pier 1 which I have in the living room where the high-top table was. Now I need a stand/table. It's always something.

Have had peaches and raspberries on pound cake with vanilla ice cream a couple times because it is the perfect time for those fruits although the raspberries are gone until September.

I was supposed to have had bevs with Ann Bowers tonight but she became otherwise engaged with funeral visitation. Wednesday we are going to the patio at Jed's up on 25 at the lighthouse strip mall. Thursday is my birthday and no one has offered up any plan for eating which is of course what I wish to do. I would like to see that band at Howard's but

Friday we went to see the Chicago Rhythm and Blues Kings at Fat Fish Blue but alas the band was mightily changed. They were still pretty good. Saturday we went to the Maumee Summer Fair which was mediocre and the Pollypalooza which was fun, with an interesting local band Empire Drift and some snackage and mojitos out of the big bottle which stalkermom had blogged about.

I did a radio show Saturday and will do one again this week. We are doing them out of the WFAL studio because they are still remodeling ours. The board is not even in yet. Then the Falcons play football at noon on Aug. 30 which is good as we are going to the St. Mary's Riverside Bluesfest

It took me all week to recover from Wheeling.

Now blogger cannot save this post but fortunately I have saved it as a notepad file so I can paste it in there some other time. Machines are evil.

No comments: