Wednesday, August 06, 2008

catching up

Went to see Todd Snider at the Ark in Ann Arbor Monday night. I love Todd. He did a great show, told the football stoner high school story. Played for almost 2 hours. So here's a picture of Todd, heavily photoshopped since I took it with no flash.


Here are the Smiths sitting near us on the Conor O'Neil's patio.


Here's the hotel at Levis Commons.


We ate on the deck at Fat Fish Blue.


Here's the bar.


Suddenly, Fat Fish Blue has many bands lined up. Next Friday, Aug. 15, they have the Chicago Rhythm and Blues Kings who used to be the Mellow Fellows when Big Twist was still alive. You cannot tell from their website, which suddenly doesn't seem to be working, if it costs money to go see them. I emailed their contact link today and got a reply that their website would be revised soon so apparently the revision didn't take.

Tonight at GNO, Ginger revealed that Jimmy Farrell is looking to open a music venue in the back of SamB's and after more discussion, we are concerned that this will conflict with the opening of the Cla-Zel which has a bar in it now.

Also at GNO, we talked about transgender people, ridding your yard of skunks, and other fascinating topics. Ginger, Amy, Connie, Connie D., Maralyn, Sherry, Kay, Martha, Deb attended.

Connie gave me two pairs of earrings for my birthday made of koosh balls. They're lovely. Next month, GNO will be at a bar and October, Ginger might have it.

I have about 12 million things to do before Wheeling so I better get on it tomorrow night.

I have booked a trip to ND for Sept. 27-30. Dr. Sue is going out Sept. 12-19. I have a haircut at 9 and an optometrist appointment at 9:45 Friday morning.

No comments: