Sunday, May 25, 2008

may is almost gone

I haven't really said how exciting the back yard remodel is going. I bought this table and chairs at Ace hardware at 7:30 Friday morning. It's made of Shorea wood which is like teak, purportedly, in its hardiness. $150. Similar sets sell online for $800- $1,000.



Plus I took out that redwood panel thing at the north end of the patio and put in this raised bed and put up a bamboo fence and bought a giant petunia basket to fill in the last couple feet of the fence and bought 3 or 4 hundred pounds of flagstone for a path and transplanted a bunch of hosta and put in some annuals.

Hoping Amy will come over tomorrow to view my virgin attempt at weed whacking.

Today I went to a yard sale and bought 5 strings of white holiday lights for 10 cents apiece to use in the garage on Monday when apparently there will be giant storms during my cookout. Also got a box of Tupperware-ish items for $3.50.

Today Amy and I spotted each other on the 8-foot ladder to clean out our gutters. Tonight I went to the carryout and was saying I'm not doing that again and the woman who works there with the baby named Anastasia told me her husband would clean out my gutters. And fix my crumbly steps.

Did a radio show today. The guy that comes in after me does the death metal stuff so next week, near the end of my show, I will say "FINGERS POISED" and this will be your cue to jump up and hit the off button before you have to listen to any of that horrible crap.

Friday, I was driving out to Select Stone and got pulled over by a Lucas Co. sheriff for, he says, going 55 in a 35. I am going to court to dispute this. I have a done a Google map, showing the exact sequence of events. My view is that HE had to speed up to 55 to tail me and that's when he decided I was going 55. Nuh uh. I suppose the worst that can happen is that I am found guilty anyway and have to pay the $159 (!) fine and court costs but dammit, I was not going that fast.

Remember, Elvin Bishop is the headliner for the St. Mary's Riverfest that also features Ana Popovic on Aug. 30. Tickets go on sale Monday.

My daughter texted me today about How long is it til New Orleans? Three weeks.

Russell Donellon was here May 12-16 before his gig at Rochester Hills, MI. And he'll be back a couple more times this summer.

PLEASE vote for Tommy's band, good guys, to go to Lollapalooza. Click here. Vote every day til June 20. Email all your friends. I implore you.

Tomorrow, I intend to mow the back yard and do some weed whacking and then lay out like it's summer and get some tan. Also, I should get Fred here to help me put in the new lights for the kitchen. Also, I have some stones to distribute and set into dirt. Also, Gus is bringing over his dogs for preliminary testing before I keep them June 7 - 12.

Monday, I will shop for the party. Plus, have to do 13abc.com Monday morning. Hope I remember that.

John Hiatt and Sonny Landreth both have new CDs out. Downloaded the free title track from Hiatt's CD "Same Old Man" at amazon.com.

No comments: