Monday, May 19, 2008

another week

So last Friday I was supposed to pick up Miss Jenks at the Cincinnati airport and we were going to Madison, IN, for the folk fest but alas her flight got canceled and although I had driven 150 miles south, I turned around and drove back home and some people came over and we played cards. And Saturday was nice so I dug a bag of peat moss into that new garden bed and planted some stuff and then bought a flat of flowers Sunday at Meijer and planted them around.

The man is back from Florida in the house behind me and came out to point out that I needed more peat moss than I had. I'm glad I have that fence up.

Tonight Amy came over and we installed the other 3 pieces of bamboo fencing and it looks swell but lacks about 5 feet from covering the whole back fence so I don't know what I'll do about that. And I think they charged me for four fence pieces the last time I bought 3 at Home Depot but I can't find my receipt. It just shows up as too much in my bank account. Plus I have assembled my new weed whacker but haven't plugged it in yet.

I almost went to the gym tonight but I didn't. Soon. Although I am not dizzy anymore, I am in the bad slump of not getting any exercise and so I don't feel like exercising. Get over this.

Friday we want to go to Crane's and see Twistin Tarantulas.

Monday is the cookout. At least I know the grill works. No spiders.

I cooked yesterday: broccoli soup and tuna salad and potato salad and sauteed up some stuff to put in pasta sauce some night. Nothing inspired. Plus Mrs. Eilert next door came over and rang my doorbell to ask if it was the day to put out the trash and that some of her meds make her dizzy and she called her daughter to say this and the daughter said she was busy. Neighbors. Note to self: next move, live really really far away from people.

No comments: