Sunday, January 14, 2007

It's soooooooo interesting

Saturday I watched The Devil Wears Prada which is a fabulous movie, like an old movie, lots of stylish outfits and morals like Your friends and family are better than lonely fame. Meryl Streep should get an Oscar. Then I watched Capote starring Philip Seymour Hoffman which was very good. But not as good as TDWP. Then I read the entire new novel by Cormac McCarthy called The Road which is one of my favorite categories, post-apocalyptic fiction. It was strange but not as gory as Blood Meridien or some others.

Today, finally, I got my floors washed from the holiday herd of buffalos. And cooking school can be done sober!! It's amazing. I made some butternut squash bisque with hot Thai chili paste and honey. Maybe a tad too much chili paste. And I have the world's tuffest roast in the crockpot. Hmmm, I shoulda known by looking at it. Perhaps I will leave it in there all night. Perhaps I shoulda put it on low. Also I did a 45-minute Pilates tape.

Mexico in nine days.

1 comment:

JMD said...

The Road was wonderfully grim. What did you think of the ending, which I found to be a bit too neatly folded together?