Sunday, December 10, 2006

Disaster at cooking school

Today, I was making tuna salad, broccoli cheese soup, bean burritos and pear cobbler. When I was getting out the dry mustard for the soup, I dropped the bottle onto my ceramic tile kitchen floor, and it shattered into a million pieces. I clean it up. Later I am grating cheese and I knock over my wine glass which fell onto the ceramic kitchen floor, and broke into a million pieces. So the lesson here is, don't walk on my kitchen floor barefoot.

Also today, I installed a new doorbell button so now you can dingdong me. I saw my ex brother and sister in law at Meijer and Jim Metz. Fortunately, I had put on a bra, which I had considered not doing. It was a beautiful day. I put up a fake Xmas tree and have the lights on. Decorations any minute now.

Friday night, our friends the Jumps were down from Put-in-Bay. So that whole smoking ban thing isn't working. There was profuse smokage. I hope the Health Dept. is not reading this. I was doing shots of whiskey at the bar. I do not do shots of whiskey at the bar. And although I had not eaten any dinner, I was able to maintain until after 11 when we all came over here and ate snacks and drank beer and whatnot until after 1 a.m. Amazingly, I was resilient on Saturday and did a radio show which I made a recording of. AND, I have a show next week wherein I will do the songs of bands I have seen in concert this year. And an Xmas show on the 23rd. Bonus.

And who has decided to throw a holiday extraganza? Moi. It's Dec. 16, starts around 7 p.m., I'll provide snacks and beverages. Why would you not come????

Here's Jeff.



Here's Jeff and his sister and her boyfriend. We were toasty. More Christa and Logan.

Me ane Mel.

I have cleaned up the basement in anticipation of the party and grouted that loose tile in the kichen floor.

No comments: