Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Mexcian extravaganza

Friday night, I made a bunch of Mexican food.

1. Black bean, chorizo and cheese empanadas. I got this recipe from an ad for Mexico in a Bon Appetit magazine. It called for packaged pie crust but I had crescent roll dough in a can and used that which made for them being more flaky but still delish. Basically, brown chorizo, saute onions, add can of black beans, some cheese, stuff, bake.

2. Squash quesadillas from this recipe. These were yummy, especially with the tomatillo sauce.

3. Chicken enchiladas from my usual throw it together recipe: shredded chicken and cheese rolled into some corn tortillas and drenched with canned green enchilada sauce.

4. Guacamole which I actually cut up the tomatoes and onions for, rather than dumping some fresh-made, farmer's-market-bought salsa into a mashed avocado like I usually do.

Overall, delish!!

No comments: