Monday, October 17, 2011

Let's get serious

I am struck that I only have 6 weeks of unemployment money left and then I'm eligible for 20 more weeks. And then I'm on my own. So I need to step up this job search. Frankly, lately I have only been applying to my two required jobs a week, even though it's not as if there are a ton of jobs out there. Now, I need to start considering what I might be willing to do for money. Like be a manager at McDonald's. Or work two part-time jobs, for example. Now, I'm not willing to do just anything because almost everything pays the same as being on unemployment. Still not panicking. But, just sayin'.

I'm surprised at how little I miss the Big. I got so used to him being nearly invisible, just sleeping and staggering around occasionally.

It was a big weekend. Friday, Chip and I made a scallops on squash with a sauce that was odd but pretty good. Doug came out and we drank too much wine.

Saturday, Chip and I went to a party in Fremont with people he had known in high school. His friend Jude Bischoff was there from California. There was a wild drum circle of various percussion that was outstanding.

Sunday was Chip's birthday and we went to brunch with his parents and his kids at SamB's. Where they do a good brunch, no matter what I think about the rest of their food.

Later I had Snaps practice and then went back to Chip's for some wine and birthday over-chocolate-indulgence desserts.

Tonight I had a miraculously short radio meeting. Thus the blogging.

Weds. and Fri., more Snaps practice, Thursday book club, Saturday, the big party.

A job would put such a crimp in all this.

No comments: