Wednesday, July 28, 2010

yo ho ho

You know, I don't drink a lot of beer. And I had no intention of drinking any tonight but Sherry bagged on our small GNO so Amy and I went to the City Tap with all the boys who are the backstage committee for the Black Swamp Arts Festival. And Donna. Who is not a boy but probably wishes she was. We had an "official" meeting at GFT at 6 but that was done by 7 and the real work got done at the City Tap part.

I end up having 3 pints which is, do the math, 48 ounces of beer. And draft beer, which is more dizzying.

So my darling daughter has taken the plane to LA after a somewhat tearful drop off at her dad's last night about midnight. I am glad to have had her for the trip to my mom's and dinner with Frank's mom and the rock and roll hall of fame day and a couple of nights on my deck. It's a big step in her life but I know she will roll with it.

I had bought 6 ears of corn last night at that little market on South after work so tonight I stripped it off the cob and froze it before I lost it like I did those couple ears I had last weekend.

The northwest Ohio rib off website is unavailable. This after I email them last week that it was showing the 2009 schedule. Amy believes there is blues there Sunday but all I can find is Matt Schofield, like we know who that is.

Another week of no nights home alone. Monday dinner at Chip's with out of town guests. Tuesday Anne. Tonight the BSAF meeting. Tomorrow taken. Friday Chris Shutters and Polka Floyd at Promenade Park and Andrew Jr Boy Jones at the Clazel. Saturday dinner at Revolver.

Looking so forward to the Lyle Lovett weekend in GR, MI, where there is a Frank Lloyd Wright house.

Got a lovely rain today. Needed it. Time for bed. That work every day is so tiresome.

_____________________________________

No comments: