Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Hot fun in the summertime

It seems I'm always charging a device. The iPod, the iPad, the phone. Tonight I pulled all my old music off this computer onto a hard drive, freeing up a bunch of space that was bogging down the operation of this computer. Too many computers. Too many passwords.

I forgot to pay my utilities this month because I threw away the bill along with my Lyle Lovett tickets which I still have not got squared away getting replacements for. Hope I didn't throw anything else of value away.

My mom called tonight to see if I would come down this Saturday to see my cousins from Michigan. So I guess I will.

Now I'm hooked on this iPad app called Words with Friends where you play Scrabble online with either someone you know or some random person the game assigns you. Todd from work is the only person I know but I've had some random games. It took me and Todd 6 days to play our last game. Tonight I somehow played join for 102 points what with the triple letter for the J and double points for the whole word.

Anne's cat is here visiting for July and after a couple dicey nights, they all seem to be getting along OK although the Big did hook Tink in the flank last night because she sniffed at his kitty din dish. Only the Big gets the kitty din. Others: kibble.

I went to the fireworks with Anne and my nieces Jessica and Elizabeth. That was swell. The program seemed a little short but it was paid for by a fund drive or we wouldn't have had any. Somehow the reverberations bounced off the building behind us and sounded like geese honking. We sat in the line to get out for about 20 minutes and then came back here and had black raspberry cobbler and then the nieces went home and I talked to Anne until 2 a.m. She has a line on an exciting job that I won't talk about here so as not to jinx it. Tonight she is out celebrating Jess's birthday which is tomorrow.

It's been almost unbearably hot, 95 and humid. I have both ACs running and it's still not all that cool in here. Tomorrow, a front is supposed to come in and produce rain and cooler temps. Like 85. Which it was last week and seemed fine because it got down to 60 at night. Instead of 84 like it is now at almost 11 p.m. Although those silly cats still stay out, lounging around on the deck.

The Fourth weekend was very eventless. Although we did go to the Art Museum Friday night and to a couple metroparks on Saturday. I got 3 new hosta and a couple daylilies at Home Depot on the cheap and planted them and am trying to keep stuff watered. The lawn is dormant. I made some iced tea and salad Nicoise and been taking salad and cottage cheese for lunch at work. So sensible. So unlike me.

Have hardly been drinking although last night I had a marg at dinner. Drank Perrier at GNO tonight at Ginger's where it was carb snack city plus ice cream. Ginger's gardens are fabulous and I can see they're a LOT of work. Amy says Ginger also has good hardscaping which apparently is a patio and a pond with fish and paths and stuff. Although it was hot, people sat out on the patio, some smoking, some just being hot.

My yard looks fairly fabulous, the lilies are blooming, the tomatoes are growing (slowly), herbs are holding up, plenty of jalapenos coming on if you need some. The stuff out front is almost overgrown, there's so much but it's beautiful.

The people who bought the house next door come almost every day and work on the inside but they still haven't moved in.

I have a bunch of pictures but of course that's step 2 of blogging.

A lot of craziness seems to be flying around the atmosphere. Remain calm.
_____________________

1 comment:

sassie said...

Repeat...remain calm.