Sunday, April 01, 2007

give me a freaking break

Many of you have heard of my hectic schedule. Today I went to Delaware to visit my mom in the nursing home and got back to town just in time to do my radio show. Then I had a couple hours off before my play. Which Amy and Connie and Sherry and Ginger came to. Thank you. So we go to Beckett's after for a couple of drinks and I get home at midnight and.... my front door key won't unlock my front door. My back door is locked and no key is in the secret hiding place. The only window without a screen in it, the inside window is locked. I go around to the only inside window I know is unlocked, and in the process of getting the screen out, one of the storm windows falls down and breaks into a thousand pieces. I fling the detritus to the ground, get a porch chair and climb in the window. I guess I should be glad it wasn't a window on the side where Mrs. Eilert lives or she would have been out there in a NY minute at the sound of breaking glass.

Tomorrow is the last play performance after which we strike the set and go to Perrysburg for the cast party. On to April. Yay.

The Rodney Crowell show at the Ark got canceled because Rodney is sick. But soon enough it will be on to Lucinda and two nights of Rod's Collision and Norah Jones and Eddie Shaw and Ana Popovic and the Madison Folk Fest. And then it will be Memorial Day. Cripe, before you know it, it will be the Harvest Party.

No comments: