Monday, November 20, 2006

Why me, Lord?

A couple of months ago I started receiving the TV Guide magazine in the mail. Ironic, as I watch less TV than about anybody I know. Then last week I started to get another weekly rag, Time Out New York. What up wid dat? If you signed me up for these, stop it. It's all I can do to get through the New Yorker

NEWS FLASH: The Desimone's Rod's Collison date Dec. 2 is in peril. Missed connections etc. Hmmm. Will keep you posted.

The Happy Badger, an incredibly cool Ann Arbor-ish kind of store that I used to frequent in Toledo is moving to Bowling Green! Here are some details:

The address is 331 N. Main three blocks North of Main and Wooster, the heart of downtown. The phone number 419-352-0706 *as of Opening, Tuesday Nov. 28. A Grand Opening party with music is scheduled Sat. Dec. 9

I think it must be that big yellow house there, next to the city parking lot. We'll have to check this out. It's where I got those black wool gloves that I love so much and I got a pair of mittens like them for Amy. For like $6.

Still on the red wine test. Working out pretty good so far.

Last night, me and Ms. Jenks went to the Ark to see Peter Rowan and Tony Rice. They played with those two chicas on mandolin and stand-up bass. Man, she could thump that big thing. It was lovely. Had the usual fun in Connor O'Neil's prior to. Snowed pretty hard on us at the state line on the way up.




Also, there be cards at Kim and Jim's Sat. Nov. 25.

Tomorrow night I have to go to the BG-UT football game at UT. For work. In a suite, with bevs and delicious snacks. Mayhap I will look at the game a couple of times. Or once.

I will wear this stunning new red jacket I got a couple of weeks ago at SteinMart. NO MORE RED JACKETS! I have to tell myself. But I don't listen. Some time I will line them all up for a photo opp.

Thursday, which looks to be a bee-yoo-tee-ful day, I am unencumbered by familial obligation. Don't tell my mom. More leaves going to the yard waste. Friday, Thanksgiving for me at Amy's with turkey and all the trimmings. No radio show Saturday as far as I can tell. I had one this week that I shoulda recorded, but I din't. Hope I can get one for the holidays as I have a lot of new music for that.

Had daughter trauma last week. Possible eviction. Gnashing of teeth. All done by Saturday night. Think good thoughts for her. And all our children.

Who's tanky? Listening to Coco Montoya. Note to self: I Won't Beg.

My friend from high school who lives in Wisconsin emailed today about her daughter's commitment ceremony with another woman. Then it turned into this long report about all her 4 children and their lives, kinda like a holidy letter. This woman's husband is a Methodist minister who left her for another woman and drinks a ton. There ya go. Christians at work. I gotcher family values. I don't mean HIM particularly, just the whole Ted Haggard I didn't buy that crack to use and that man only gave me a massage Christian thing.

Higher and higher.

No comments: