Friday, September 08, 2006

swamp swamp swamp

Hey some news updates about this weekend.

One, remember Rod's Collision is at Nate and Wally's TONIGHT starting around 11. Also tonight is the Heartless Bastards at Howard's which I might actually pay the money to see. I hear the cover charge is "$10 at most" and I quote a Howard's employee. Also at Howard's is a guitar master, Tim Reynolds, late of the Dave Matthews Band, although I won't hold that against him. This is Sunday. Probably evening, but of course the club's website is way out of date.

And it's ME ON THE RADIO, not once, but twice this weekend as I do the 10-noon part of the Blues Breakfast on Saturday, with McKinley Smith phoning in the remotes from the festival. On Sunday, I'm doing the 4-6 pm show for Julie Haught. So from no show to 2 shows!

GNO was Wednesday at Donna's but I'm behind on picture posting. But I must tell you that there is no Halloween party at Connie and Doug's, which some of us had presumed. So we all have to turn out in our costumery at Gus and Annette's on Oct. 21.

Also, Nerak Roth Patterson, a blues guy from Yellow Springs, is at the Peacock Cafe in Toledo Friday Sept. 15. No internet info on this except that it says the date on Nerak's website and the cafe is located at Madison and 20th downtown.

No comments: