Sunday, October 24, 2010

Musings

I just walked downtown and back and I was thinking how it's been like summer most of October so only 4 bad months ahead, if you think how occasionally it's marginally ok in March sometimes. Although it can be a slog as well. What a Pollyanna!

Today I ripped out the tomato cages and potted the rosemary to take inside and planted daffodil bulbs out front and took down the bamboo fence. Have sheets on the line for like the 20th week in a row. Had a big breakfast and am just waiting to go to the Denny Graf benefit about 4 and get me some spaghetti dinner and buy some silent auction stuff. Blogging on my iPad. On the deck, where I ate my big breakfast. Drinking a beer. Aahhhhh.

Didn't say how fab the GNO was at my house. Highly attended and the weather was perfect. Also I offered to have the December one and everybody seemed good with that.

Amy and I decided we need to have a poker night on a monthly basis so we're starting in November. It's the second Friday of the month and all are welcome, mens and wimmens. But we're playing poker. So you're welcome to come and hang but we're playing poker.

So just now Anne calls to say that the fashion designer people just texted her to say they'd like her to come on part time until the first of the year when she could be full time. Right after her first day on the job as assistant manager of the Levis store in Santa Monica. Oh life. It's so wacky.

Rest up now because we'll all be having too much fun on Friday at GFT.

No comments: