Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Last full week of March

Suddenly it's hard to believe it will be April NEXT WEEK. What woe can befall us now?? Weather woe, I mean. I'm sure some other woe could happen.

Mom update: Called Saturday, she's not moving, Karen has no money, I feel helpless/hopeless. I have to go down there May 17 for my Aunt Midge and Uncle Jim's 65th anniversary. Which is one week after Mother's Day. Grrrrrrr.

Listening to Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears. I got it in the free crate at the radio station. Soul, baby.

The lineup is posted for the Madison Ribberfest.

Tonight I had a massage after work and it was all I could do to prepare food.

Last night, I emailed the city in my quest to have that big tree taken down out front. I got an email back within a half hour that the arborist would address this. No follow-up yet.

Thursday, Josh Garrett is at the ClaZel. $3 starts at 9. Hope I can make it. Then Frostbite is going to be there April 4 and 18.

This last weekend I was worthless. I did a radio show, ate pizza at Amy's, I don't know. It was supposed to be nice but it was chilly Saturday and only nice Sunday for about 2 hours. Saw the Vagina Monologues at the Univ. on Sunday night.

So Monday after work I felt I needed to be outside so I raked up a couple big bags of leaves and took them to the yard waste and then walked to the library for a new book. Made in the USA by Bonnie Letts which is just the kind of lightweight fluff I like to read before hitting the sack.

I got a new computer at work which has the good news and the bad news. The good news is it plays video a lot better now but the bad news is sometimes there's no audio. The IT folks are still troubleshooting it. Plus of course all my previously visited websites history is wiped so everything I log in to is a new experience of forgotten passwords. But hey, they're not paying me too think. Right?
_______________

No comments: